🥳 Script Kit Launch Day 🎉
Script Kit is Officially Released! 🎉
Download now from https://scriptkit.com
Free Script Kit Course on egghead.io
To help you get started, I put together a short course as a feature tour:
If you've been using Script Kit for a while on the beta, you know it can do much, much more than what's shown in the lessons, but everyone has to start somewhere. Speaking of the beta...
Beta Channel Discontinued
If you installed the beta, please download from https://scriptkit.com, quit Kit.app, and replace with the new version. This will put you on the “Main” channel. Updates will be ~monthly. The beta channel is discontinued ❗️
Also, thank you so, so much for all your feedback and patience with updates over the past year. You’ve really helped make Script Kit what it is today and I’m forever grateful 🙏
Windows Developer Preview
The details for the Windows build are found here: https://github.com/johnlindquist/kit/discussions/654
Plans for 2022
- Make the dev setup more contribution-friendly. I would love to accept PRs later next year.
- Get the Windows build to parity with Mac.
- Lots of lessons and scripts. I can finally spend more time sharing scripts than working on the app 😎
- Research into Rust, runtimes, and utilities that can provide any benefit to making our scripts better.
- Focus on "export to serverless function", "export as github action", and other ways to maximize the work you put into your scripts.
- Script Kit Pro. A paid version with additional features not found in the base version. Not ready to talk about it, but it's exciting!